Have 'em? Hate 'em? What are your reading rules? Here are mine, add yours below
1. You must (MUST) read the book before you see the movie.
2. Never fold down the corner - always stick something inside (this something doesn't matter to me - it is commonly a pen).
3. A book has two chapters to be interesting - otherwise we break up.
4. If I own the book I throw the dust jacket away. I hate those things.
5. I don't read best sellers unless a really good friend recommends it to me - even if I think I might like it.
6. I won't be interrupted while reading a book. Additionally, bedtime doesn't matter when I'm reading.
Now rules that I don't care about
1. I'll read several books at once, but usually not the same genre.
2. Format doesn't matter to me - I'll read a book and switch to an eBook half way through.
3. I don't have to finish a book - there are favorites that I haven't finished because I can't let them end and others that I couldn't get past the second chapter. Why waste reading time on an awful book?